Saturday, November 10, 2007

A day in the life...

This was an ordinary workday back in October...

8:00am: My commute on the C/E train...



8:30am Pre-work activity: initiating my new "work hoodie" by having Amanda spray paint stencils all over it...



Fill, sand, and prime random projects for folks...



Proceed to spill primer all over myself...now the hoodie is officially broken in. (Damn that spray gun missing the lid!)



Paint small details on a giant drill...because Dave doesn't want to do it.



"You don't have a respirator?!" So I am then given one. Now I won't get head cancer. Hopefully.



Noon: Dodge the intense carpenter-lunchtime-ping-pong-face-offs...



After lunch: Glitter my icicles. Glitter makes everything better.



Woodgrain wood that was painted white so it looks like wood again. But a different wood than the first wood.



3:00pm break: Hang out on the roof with our view of the Hudson...ahhh...



Rest of day work on faux tilework...



4:45: Breaktime if you're working late. They give us snacks to bribe us into staying late. It works.



6:30pm commute back home...on the way I encounter a blind woman who I help lead to a bus stop which I didn't initially know the location of. (Talk about the blind leading the blind) Here's her bus about to pull away...



I also encounter a dead rat...and felt bad for thinking there was something eerily beautiful about him.



Get back on the subway after passing TV studios (like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report) and Broadway theatres (like Wicked and Hairspray).



So that's a random workday...and it's awesome. And I love every second of it.

No comments: